Thursday, February 5, 2015

Phone snooping, Right or Wrong?

Someone once said, "A woman investigating a man can do a better job than FBI agents."
Phone Snooping! What the heck does that mean? To check or investigate your spouse phone in an attempt to find out something especially information about someone private affairs.

By the way, different theorist with different views on phone snooping. Some are against it; some are fully/partially in support

Mind you, this issue has broken marriages, destroyed relationships, sown distrust and lots more. Needless to say the emotional, psychological and physical damages.

Recently I was at a lounge in Abeokuta with my friend Tunde. Abeokuta is the capital of Ogun state For Your Information . We were having this conversation about the forthcoming election with so much enthusiasm. Along the line, Tunde paused from the election talk to inform me that he was expecting some money in my account in which he stated the amount and asked if I have been notified by the bank.

Few minutes after that confession, the alert came in, I confirmed the transaction, notified my friend who checked and returned back my phone to me.


We continued with our discussion with our wine glasses and phones on the table. I forgot to mention to you earlier , there was this beautiful lady seated very close to me. Kemi should be in her early twenties; she appeared all dressed up in pink crop top and skinny jeans with her legs crossed. At first, she was forming diva, rolling her eyes and touching her hair at every slightest opportunity, later on, I guessed she found the dialogue interesting when she decided to chip in her own view about the election. "This election will be hot o" she said, with a sharp tone. Tunde and I stopped and looked at Kemi with disbelief on our faces. She looked at us casually and removed her face. She apologised for disrupting our chat which I did not mind anyway. We got talking and talking not until she felt so relaxed and comfortable that she grabbed my phone on the table and was snooping .

For God sake, we just met! Why is she snooping my phone? I couldn't even answer that question myself. After a minute, I asked what she was doing with my phone, to my utmost shock and disbelief, the words that emerge from her mouth were "I was just checking your messages Nah, or what are you hiding? She hissed playfully. She had the confidence to indulge into my privacy and still confirmed it. We exchanged phone numbers and left the lounge.


Some days later, we decided to hang out again but this time around Kemi came along with her friend Tola. We ordered for food and drinks and sat there for about two hours eating and chatting. When we got through with the food and our glasses of wine were about half gone. My dearest Kemi confidently took my phone again, Again? you must be wondering, Yes she was snooping with a sheepish smile.

What the heck is wrong with this lady!!! This babe will be clingy and never trust a man o. Those words rang, clear in my head. Regardless, I let her be, after all, she isn't my girlfriend or wife so I am quite convinced I owe her no explanation.

I began to wonder, is this the kind of lady, Any man would want to have something serious with? What if she was my girlfriend, fiancee or wife? I might have been dead and gone by now. Her frequent quarrels and nagging would have sent me to an early grave because every text message would either be a threat, a philandering, fornicating or adulterous act to her. Ok, back to the main meal.

I think the main reason why so many relationships come to an end today is not because a spouse is abusive or cheating alone . Somehow, it is because of the vicious conduct embedded in INSECURITY. No love or marriage relationship can grow or survive without trust. In reality, TRUST is a foundation on which a relationship is built. The moment the trust shatters, the relationship squash. If you don't trust a person, you can't even love him or her. It is important you give your spouse the benefit of doubt, watch them proof you wrong or right.

So people , let's roll;

Does your partner have a right to snoop your phone? Or would you allow your spouse snoop your phone?

What's the big deal really since we are suppose to be open to each other?

Does snooping through your spouse phone stop him/her from cheating?

I rest my case .

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Easyblaze

3 comments:

The Wordsmith said...

Snooping your partner's phone is a direct product of INSECURITY. We all (both parties)could feel insecure at some point and fall into the temptation of snooping.
Personally, I do my best to avoid it. We all jealous beings,its only natural to watch your back.

Mae... said...

@ Olalekan I'm not sure I can call snooping after your spouse leaves your presence to take calls most of the time a sense of INSECURITY. You don't want to be dealing with a mafia or whore or even any kinda criminal. Once in a while in accordance to your spouse's behavior you either check or not give it a thought.

Personally I don't give a rat ass but hey don't go snooping on me either. But if bae does talk frequently to one bitch in particular in a cozy tone he's got to explain. Now if I'm married to bae your phone is mine as well. #LearnToUseTheDeleteOption ��

Ps- I know wankers can't deal with #Delete

Meanwhile Yemi is this your story or someone else's?

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha. The Male and Female species taking sides.Lekan, you have spoken well. @ Miss Mae , yes its my story, any story that isn't mine, I put reference to it.