Friday, February 21, 2014

50 cent leaves Dr .Dre and Eminem's record after 12 years

50 Cent has severed ties to Interscope Records, as well as its Eminem- and Dr. Dre-helmed imprints, in favor of an independent distributor. All future Fiddy releases, as well as those by artists on his G-Unit label, will now come out via Caroline.

Where Did 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin' Rank Among the 100 Best Debut Albums of All Time?

50 Cent sold a reported 30 million albums during his time on Interscope, from his six-times platinum 2003 debut Get Rich or Die Tryin' to 2009's gold-selling Before I Self Destruct. The first release via his new deal will be his own next record, Animal Ambition, for which he'll be giving away two tracks with preorders of the album beginning March 18th. The rapper will also premiere new songs and videos each week up until the album's release.

"I have had great success to date with Shady/Aftermath/Interscope, and I'd like to thank Eminem and Dr. Dre for giving me an incredible opportunity," 50 Cent said in a statement. "I've learned so much from them through the years. I am excited to enter this new era where I can carry out my creative vision."

"Both myself and Shady Records are grateful to have had the chance to play a part in 50's career," Eminem said. "Shady simply would not be what it is without 50 Cent. I've developed a great friendship with 50 over the years, and that's not going to change. We know 50 will have success in his new situation, and we remain supporters of both him and G-Unit."

Just because he's left the label, though, doesn't mean 50 Cent has relinquished all major label ties. His distributor, Caroline, is part of the Independent Services division of Capitol Records, which is itself a part of the Universal Music Group.

If it were to be in Nigeria, the boss will start beefing you. No love is shown

No comments: