Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Few days to valentine and I got raped "Say no to RAPE"

Editor’s note: This is a true life story of one of my followers that pleaded to be anonymous. She decided to let her story out after reading Rape & Few Underlying Issues. Ladies who have been subjected to various and similar violences should please endeavour to speak out and seek for help, it is NOT your fault that you were raped) @AAABORODE

My life hasn’t been the same since that unfortunate incident, If only I had known where things were headed I wouldn’t have let  it happen. I would have fought with my last breadth.

It was few weeks to valentine’s day and there was this hype going on in school about getting a date, as a ‘fresher’ I wanted to feel among and blend. Not getting one meant I didn’t belong at all. So I made up my mind to get one, not through any funny means but just had the feeling I was going to get.

I met Ade at a friend’s place, although I had been introduced to him earlier by a close friend a while back, you know those girls that date guys because of money and sex? Yeah, that was Abimbola my friend, she introduced Ade to me as her boyfriend. I knew she didn’t mean it so I didn’t bother taking their relationship seriously.

Ade was in 300-Level and also in my department, we met again one Saturday after lectures, I was about leaving class when someone called my name, I turned to see who it was and found out it was Ade. We exchanged usual pleasantries and got talking, he walked me to the popular school cafeteria and treated me to lunch.

He told me he knew everything about me, he gave me all the ’411′ (i.e data) I didn’t think anyone would have about me. I was shocked as well as impressed. I started blushing knowing Ade was one of the “hottest guys” on campus and he practically stalked me to get all my data. I told him I had to go and he made me promise to see him the next day and I agreed.

We met the next day off campus in an eatery, he asked if I knew why he dated Abimbola, I said I didn’t, he told me he dated her just to get close to me. As a naïve “Fresher”, I fell for the story, hook line and sinker! He went on and on about how he’s been praying for the day he was going to finally talk to me.

He started “setting my P” and I couldn’t help but blush all through. While we were having this conversion I sighted my cousin Labisi. I introduced them and apparently Ade knew her, Labisi is another “happening babe”. Labisi asked Ade to excuse me that she wanted to tell me something, Labisi and I went outside the eatery, she asked what I was doing with Ade and I told her he was asking me out. She told me to be careful.
“You really need to be careful cuz, Ade is a sharp guy, don’t let him sweet-tongue you” Labisi said “I’ve heard ma” I said jokingly “But why did you say that?” I asked “I know how naïve you are sweetie, just be careful” Labisi said.

To cut the long story short I and Ade continued to be great friends. We shared everything together. We got 2 weeks break in school and I was preparing to go home when Ade called me.
“I don’t want you to go home” he said
“Why?” I asked laughing
“I’ll miss you” he said silently.
I smiled and told him I was going to use just one week at home and spend the next in school.

On getting home, I got the most shocking news of my life, my parents were separating, they had been dragging it for a while and were waiting for me to come home so I could be informed. I was devastated, I couldn’t believe what was happening, it was a terrible one-week for me back at home and I just needed to get away.

I got back to school the following week and told Ade everything. I needed all the attention I could get and Ade was there to give me all that. He showered me with so much love and attention. He told me how much he loved me and I told him I felt the same way as well and we started dating. I was no longer worried about the valentine buzz in school anymore, I didn’t even care, I was in love and that was all that mattered.

On a sunny Wednesday afternoon, few days to Valentine’s day, I received a call while studying in the library, I thought it was Ade that wanted to meet me in Toye’s place (a friend of Ade and I) and I promised to come see him in the afternoon. After studying, I left for Toye’s place to see Ade (but somehow he claimed he didn’t make that call and I am yet to know the caller till date).

I received a call from my mum while I was with him, she asked where I was, even when I knew I  sounded suspicious, I still managed to hide it a little bit but as a sharp girl I lied. Little did I know what fate had in store for me. My mum asked me to leave where I was and go home. I told her I was leaving but I didn’t. Toye told us he wanted to go watch a movie in the sitting room and then left me with Ade alone in the room.

As I was with Ade, he wanted to make out, I declined but he insisted, to stop him from bothering me more I kissed him, but he wasn’t satisfied he wanted to hit base.
I refused and told him I was still a virgin but he wouldn’t believe me. He thought I was like the other girls he had been with. He started touching me, I resisted but he told me he just wanted to touch me, I loved him so I believed him.

I couldn’t have been more naïve. Even while I was scared, I still trusted him, he got up to get a condom, I asked him wat he needed the condom for, he said he just wanted to wear it, in case he ejaculated while touching me (Yes I was that dumb!). The touching didn’t go below my boobs and I am quite busty. He was reaching for my jean zipper and I tried to stop him.

I pushed and shoved but he was stronger, I begged him with the name of God, his parents, everything I could think of  but he wouldn’t listen, he weakened my arms with his grip, I kept punching him helplessly, panting so fast, the doors where locked right from when Toye left all for ‘privacy’. I cried and cried but he wouldn’t listen, I screamed and screamed and no one could come to my rescue.

He pulled my panties down, I kept shifting and moving under his weight, but  he got me locked down. Right there I knew I had lost the case, he was going to do it against my will and I will be blamed for walking my ass over. Suddenly, I felt it, all through my body to my head, I felt it, that hard shove,like a huge metal was trying to find it’s way into me. I screamed in agony, he gave a second thrust and he pierced my hymen! I lost it! Yes, I lost it forever!

He stood up after he sighted d blood. He knelt down immediately and started begging me, I was in a mad rage. Anger,fear and so many other emotions piled up inside me. It was all over me, I was crying in anger, shame and sorrow. I cried my life out right there in front of him, I pinched,punched and bit him. I was almost running mad. I couldn’t believe or accept what had just happened to me.

It felt like a Nollywood movie, in just few seconds my pride and dignity was crushed! I summoned courage, went to the bathroom to clean up, adjusted my clothes, and struggled out because I couldn’t walk properly. Toye was in the sitting room when all these happened. I was sure he heard everything that happened. I felt betrayed,hurt and disappointed, not at anyone else but myself. I was angry at the world, myself and everyone.

On getting home, I called my cousin Labisi, I told her what happened. She went with her friends to go disgrace him at his crib, but that didn’t solve the problem, the damage had been done. I was stained and tainted for my husband or whoever was to have me. That wasn’t the way I planned to lose my virginity. I had imagined it in a room filled with candles, a romantic music playing quietly at the background and above all on my wedding night.

I never knew fate was having a laugh at my imagination. So much for my wishful thinking. Right now, I trust no one, not even my dad who happens to be the only male I cherish most in my life right now. I get suspicious of everyone around me even when I know clearly that they mean know harm or don’t pose a threat.

Every time valentine’s day approaches I get so  moody, sad and angry because it meant another anniversary of that accursed day. I still see Ade around. His sight creates hate and disgust in me, I imagine him being strucked down by something. Somehow he still hasn’t graduated and he has an extra year to go, which means we will be graduating together. Karma is a bitch I think.

I am not who I was or who I want to be anymore but I know I will be fine. I have got lovely friends and a wonderful family. I just pray I meet a wonderful man that proves me wrong about my feelings for the male specie, because right now, they scare me, all I know is they are ruthless, cruel and very heartless!

I curse(d) the day I met Ade. He spurned me on a path I wasn’t ready to thread at the age of 17. Now I feel empty almost everyday and I feel ridiculously worthless. I don’t know about anyone else but I feel men that rape women should die a very slow death and they should have their testicles crushed before life goes out of them! This is my story of a very unfortunate event. If only I knew…

By Anon

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit happens

Qween said...

Nice article,its really sad with the rate of rape in the country but I pray that God will see us 2ru.

foster said...

Well,just move on wif ur life,life naturally is unfair.nice 1

God's Son said...

Why on earth would u rape a lady not to talk of a virgin....#gooes pimples

Mae said...

I'm so sorry swits. It's a difficult ordeal to just turn ur back from so I pray God will do the job for you. & men are still like animals who when on heat go for d nearest of their specie to satisfy d urge. *raised brow*

Mae said...

Shit happens? Like seriously? When a girl breaks one heel @ an event u can say dat! Not for such an emotional damage as dis! *scolds*

vee said...

When u find the strength to move on u become victorious over the ones that have caused u such hurt..be strong

Unknown said...

Its crazy! God'son....I kept on wondering too!

Unknown said...

Amen ! Vivi...we pray she would

Unknown said...

Are you saying you support it? Shit happens like it was just a bruise? I support Mae on this one.

Unknown said...

Amen! Qween..the rate is Alarming! Very Alarming in deed! Something should be done! Something drastic

Unknown said...

Amen..Mae! I feel your rage on this 1!