Tuesday, January 15, 2013

GREED IN EVERY MAN

  
 

When you are in your country, all you see is people that travel abroad and made it. When you eventually travel out, what you see is people that stayed back home and made lots of fortune for themselves. When we stay at home without a job, all we see is people working 7 am to 7pm everyday and we want be like them. When we eventually get a job we will be the ones monitoring the calendar to know when we would get the next public holiday so we could sit at home again. When I was two, all i wanted was be like my 22year old uncle so that I could drive, take alcohol; come home late and so on. Now, I'm an adult and I wish I could be a child again.
When you are single, all you see is happy couples, and when you are in a relationship, all you see is happy singles . No matter who you are, we are all guilty of what the YORUBAS call 'OJUKOKORO' offense . Truly, Possessions are usually diminished by possession.

When you are discontent, you always want more, more and more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, 'Oh yes - I already have everything that I really need.' But when will I see that happen?. Definitely not in my generation. we are all greedy, even when we claim we are not. The son of man is 'greedy by nature'

80% of peeps cant stay in a relationship without cheating. It is when you start going out with George that you’ll realise that he doesn’t have ‘six packs’ and you start looking at that guy next door with six packs. It is still the ‘ojukokoro’ we are talking about. Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not. It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.

Funny enough, we don't really need so much to live a very good life. The people living the best life are not the billionaires of this world. Many people loose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness. Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty. Read the last line again.

When I was growing up, I had a dream that one day Americans and people from around the world will play 'Nigerian Visa Lottery' to gain Nigeria citizenship but as I grew the dream kept diminishing because the ‘ojukokoro’ of our government officials is on the high side that the money and resources that is supposed to make my dream become a reality is mismanaged. In our daily life, we encounter people who are angry, deceitful, intent only on satisfying their own needs. There is so much anger, distrust, greed, and pettiness that we are losing our capacity to work well together. We need much less than we think we need. I laugh whenever I see people buy 3 brand new cars in a year without disposing the previous ones. It is just wastage and ‘ojukokoro’ is the cause

It baffles me when I see men of 75years old with this 'ojukokoro' syndrome...they want to acquire this, they want to acquire that and when you ask them they say 'I'm investing for my children, I don't want my unborn grand children to suffer'.....Haaaa!, imagine that kind of statement. The truth is that whether you stress yourself acquiring wealth for the next 3 generation or not, the children and unborn grand children will still live their lives.

There is no end of craving. Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment. We often say that 'If we had a little more, we should be very satisfied.' But the truth is that If we are not content with what you have, we would not be satisfied if it were doubled. Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough

Follow @delefancy411

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard facts! This write-up is painfully true. Everyone is guilty of at least one ojukokoro trait..food for thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Oto oro.....

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.......

Anonymous said...

There's a drop of ojukokoro in every man. Nice write up.

Unknown said...

You got it right yetunde