Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TO BE FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST


I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest. A sentence in our beloved National Anthem, asides the politicians who have not been faithful, loyal and honest with its citizens, I must say that 70% of the politicians consist of MEN. I am not here to bore you with politics. I needed to give you an insight before moving the motion that 70% of men in Nigeria are not faithful, 80% are not loyal and probably 90% are not honest. It was not easy accepting this fact, but it’s a fact that men are capable of these qualities mentioned.

Alexis said to me while having a conversation that; Some of us don’t even need your money! Common loyalty, no cheating or side tracking you folks can’t do. In short you people are not worth being served noodles and egg, you people can manage Gala and water, lacasera for you guys is even expensive. I thought of what Alexis said and I stared in amazement and for a while, I was lost, then swiftly I recovered myself. I was in a discussion with this lady about how women of these days don’t know how to take care of their men unlike their mothers did and are still doing to their fathers.

Little did I know I sought for trouble, like dynamite Alexis exploded and started giving me some facts, the reasons and rationale behind her burst? I saw reasons with her but being a man who naturally has ego, I refused to admit. Alexis made mention that she was on sabbatical leave, i.e. NO MAN FOR NOW. Then I began explaining and narrating to her that “A man can be faithful and not be loyal”, he can also be loyal and not be faithful. He can even be faithful, loyal and not be honest. Confusing right? I will shed some light on it in my own little understanding, but before that, if you find a man who is FAITHFUL, LOYAL and HONEST, my advice is you do everything both spiritual and physical to hold him tight like a well screwed socket attached to a wall. Briefly I will go through them a little.















Webster dictionary defined the word faithful as a form of adherence to promises or in observance of duty, given with strong assurance to a person or cause. Now, how many men keep their promises? That’s why I as a person I don’t make promises. If I eventually make one I try all in my power to keep it. Sincerely I don’t make promises, because to me it’s a debt or obligation you have to fulfil if you are a man of your words. How many of our men assure their women regularly or constantly? This is another topic for another day because it is vast.

Encarta dictionary defined loyalty as a feeling of devotion, duty, or attachment to somebody or something, a state of having that quality. Yes being loyal has a bit of faithfulness, but there is more to it than meets the eye. i.e. being faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due. Firmly in alliance to somebody or something e.g. man’s best friend (A dog) has these qualities. They are always there when you need them, even when absent, just a whistle and there they are. Some ladies know quite all right that most guys are not faithful but they don’t bother as long as he is loyal to their cause. Some mistake faithfulness for loyalty and some would even argue it out. My purpose is not to debate it, but there is a slight difference between both words, hence, we have been fooled for many years while reciting the national anthem of Nigeria. I would have loved to explain further but my limits in words would not permit. Women need loyalty in their men.






Honestly when you are honest, it is less stressful relating with not only the opposite sex but with same sex generally. You need not keep records of what you said or the excuse or explanation you made on different occasions when you were accused by your woman. If you are honest, she would not doubt you even when the past comes calling; she would remember all what you said. The truth is ladies are moved by what they hear, so they keep records, we don’t. Even when you forget, they won’t. The incident that happened 10 years ago they still keep in their memories like a cam coder. Who says women are dull? They have retentive memories; they just pretend not to remember till your cup gets filled. That’s another discussion for another day.

In a nut shell we men usually say women are this and they are that. We tend to forget that our actions towards them, sparks a chain reaction in them. That if, men could be faithful, loyal and honest, the women will adhere strictly to them too. THOU SHALL NOT HIDE SECRETS ! It might come back to hunt you I am not a counselor, nor a Professor in women dynamics, neither am I a Minister for women affairs. But maybe, just maybe if we recite these words like an anthem and paste them in our head and heart, singing and humming these words “TO BE FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST”. We just might be better off. Kindly drop your comments and observations below. God bless.

N.B : Alexis permitted I used her name while writing this article. Thanks to her I wouldn’t have written this article. It is non-fiction.
@princeyemimike

10 comments:

AlexisWright said...

Interesting article.... Truly respect is earned, honesty is appreciated and loyalty is returned.

Big uppps!!!

Monsieur G said...

Mr Hunter....well I would agree wit u on dis one...though right now its a 2way thing..it all started out as d guys not bin faithful,Loyal and Honest...but for crying out loud right now..as soon as d So Called Malay boiz came into dis whole scene..d games changed...I av sat with a lady before who I knew her bf was more a 90% active on all d 3 features cos we all knw we cannot b perfect but she told me dat weneva she wants to go see anoda guy..she would just pull out her battery from her fone without putting it off and dat till thy kingdom come her number would b saying "Not Reachable" instead of switched off which leaves her to b able to lie dat the network was bad...so wat r we saying here,dat was d first time I heard bout dat trick and it was from a girl who I am sure would want her to man to be faithful,loyal and honest whereas she was not in d first place....The question we nid to ask ourselves is "Is our partner even following those principles??"....I am not trying to justify d men on dis but all am saying here is dat 2 whom much is given,much is expected....Nice one Hunter...I hope oneday we get to write on sumfin interesting together...Big Upps

Qween said...

Wow dis is really gud I luv it, kip it up dear

The Wordsmith™ said...

Bro, sorry am on the move. Did you consider this well?
Can you be Faithfull, Loyal and not Honest?
How can a man be faithful without honesty?
Can he honest and not loyal to his partner?...if no, then he isn't honest in the first instance.
The dictionary meaning of these words cannot be wholly swallowed in this context (relationship).
Concluding now due to my inconvinient location.
We better have the 3-virtues, ABSENCE OF ONE IS PRESENCE OF NONE.
Merci!

The Pope said...

Good one bro

Unknown said...

Hehehe! Alexis....I should tell u Bigger ups..if there is a word like that! You inspired this article! Thanks . But reduce the fences you used in blocking your emotions and your feelings

Unknown said...

Mr Word ! Word, but if you look at the national Anthem you would know its possible, that's why we have to be faithful,Loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all.....

Unknown said...

I agree Gbolex! The game has changed! Yes the ladies might be terrible these days! But we all have our roles to play. Thinking of me & you writing an Article together will be a perfect COMBO....Salute to the Master of Women Affairs! I need some Coachings from you Sir. Lol

Unknown said...

thanks dear

Unknown said...

oooshey