Wednesday, May 29, 2013

“My SINGLE Girlfriend"

Its so amazing how people can be married yet single. Either in their Hearts or through their words and Actions. The state of being in a relationship for reasons of Social Status, or as a result of Peer pressure has become a popular trend.


It isn't an unknown fact , neither is it strange to know that many of us are in relationships, and yet single in our mind,Heart, body, soul and Perhaps spirit. Judging by number of stories and events readily available in our society today, one cannot be left confused about the state of 'relationships' in our today's society.
Is it the Numerous Cases of Couples, who barely after 6 months begin to see their Marriages as Mistakes? Or the Husband who after marriage begins his SEXUAL ESCAPADES with his numerous girlfriends or Ex's ? What about the Wives who go into relationships with younger men ' FRESH BLOODS' as they are popularly termed. I have seen heard and still seeing a handful of sour and unpleasant relationship stories in this Dynamic Society of Ours. I will need to stop here for another day and talk about the main Topic which is titled My SINGLE Girlfriend".


Memo is what the Hood or like some dudes would call "Sexy Mama". I call her Sexy Mama also, especially when I tease her, give her a compliment or need a Favour from her. She is "Miss Endowed". My Friends still don't know why I haven't asked her out yet. Let's say she is not just my Type, Specs or Specie. Whichever way you can grab the message. The reason is, I am yet to meet a woman who I am interested in, that I would not approach and give her The EPISTLE of How, Why and When She needs to be with me. The worst Scenario is she refuses me and I will try again. If she's adamant, I simply move on because there is 'no time'. Like my friend @Osisiye would say " Ko Si Ere Ni Moscow" meaning we are not here to play.  I am sure; Memo is confused on why I have not asked her out yet. If only she knew, I am not keen nor attracted to her. By the way, my heart doesn't race while we are together. So kini big deal?


Earlier this year, I and Memo with a couple of friends were opportuned to be at a gathering. Then, that Issue we were avoiding came up. Boyfriend&Girlfriend. Who had, who didn't, We discussed at length, Yet the more we engaged in it, the more it became Interesting. All along, Memo didn't utter a word. She participated by Giggling, Laughing & She Periodically gave a Nod at what others had to share. I noticed it, Tega noticed it too. Just as he was about to ask, we both asked her simultaneously; "Memo, What about your Boyfriend?" She Responded Defensively: "I have a Boyfriend" she said, with a sheepish look and a Slight Smile on her Left face & cheek. Then I fired back that we were not asking her out, neither were we interested in doing so. We only inquired to know her status innocently. Speaking about Status, her Face Book profile stated "Single but Not Searching". Yet she had a boyfriend right? I was waiting for the day to nail her and the faithful Day Came.



A Friend to a Friend of hers introduced a product for guys which she sells to Memo, Urging her to buy for her boyfriend. Memo's response was that she had a boyfriend but technically, she was single at 'HEART'. .......Egbami! (Please Deliver Me). This is getting serious right? Well that Friend happens to be my friend too and we were gisting when. Memo's matter came up. I contacted memo later and she affirmed the statement not without calling my Informant *Amebo*... But who cares anyway?  I asked her why? And she gave numerous explanations that she has a boyfriend no doubt, but her heart is not into it.....I was stunned but I recovered swiftly. After all, 'What a man can do, a woman can do better'. Why Memo decided to make the guy believe they were dating, yet in her heart she is *SINGLE*, I don't know and cannot comprehend. Yet the question is this, Why not let go of the Guy if you are not fully into it?  Events might unfold for part 2 of MEMO………………
In the meantime, what do you think of this? Kindly Drop your Comments.





12 comments:

The Pope said...

She's just deceiving herself bro. If her heart is not in the relationship, just end it. Its just a waste of time and I'm so sorry for the knuckle-head boyfriend who thinks he has a girl who loves her bcoz he's not only gonna be heart broken in the end but also bitter.

Unknown said...

Memo doesn't have a boyfriend

Unknown said...

I agree with you....my Pope! Its Gonna be Critical...She Should Just let Go....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Kelechi... I trust your Judgement on this One...all +++++ no Minus----! She doesn't have a boyfriend.

The Wordsmith said...

Being in a relationship is fast attaining an employment status. Whether or not you earning enough to buy you a recharge card, you just don't want to be idle. Memo obviously just carries an ID-card (hooked/engaged/have a boyfriend) of a non profiting organisation (Relationship).

Lady Mae said...

She should just let go for sure. But you don't know how that so called boyfriend treats her. I mean if he ever notices her. Maybe she's in it cos she doesn't want to be lonely, or she just loves the dude and waiting on a miracle. Who knows. Feelings are not things we control but what controls us.

Lady Mae said...

I love you for this!

Lady Mae said...

Well well after all said and done both partners know why they are still together. Whether it's a pseudo relationship or not this scenerio is not far fetched. In fact it's a lifestyle nowadays. It's such a shame though...

Mz_Greyz said...

Before we so quick to judge lady Memo I think some questions need to be answered. First, y would Memo wanna b in a relationship dt her heart isn't in (d reason might not necessarily b d desire to just hv a bf tag) she might b in dt relationship cos she thinks she owe it to him to remain in it. Secondly, y is her heart not in it, I'm very sure dt wsn't d case b4 she said yes to the guy in d first instance. Fuck ups in relationships don't just happen, emotions don't just change all of a sudden, somtyn must have triggered it, so many tyns would hv gone down...If Memo is as pretty as u have portrayed her to be dn it shldn't b difficult getting anada bf, sure she got many guys flocking around her already...In ma own opinion dre's more to her sticking wit him and not just hving d bf tag....

Unknown said...

well i would not want to judge on this, but you are all correct from grace to lady mae to the pope to kelechi to the wordsmith. i believe you all expressed your views according to the way you feel and see it. thanks ladies and gents.

Anonymous said...

No lady will venture into a relationship with the mindset of not making it work.
Am sure something triggered her mind to singleness and noncommitment.
The best way is to resolve whatsoever issues she is having with her man and if it could not be resolved, she should move on on time, relationships are meant to be enjoyed.