Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Journey (A poem by Tele )





The Journey 

Here you are with me
at the beginning.
I am already teary
and I will miss you.

My misty eyes
meet your beastly gaze.
You are taking me
where we both want to go.

You drive slowly
keeping a constant speed.
I look at you with half-open eyes
enjoying the ride
and from your half-relaxed face
I know you do too.

The moon shines brightly through the windows.
The cool breeze is tingly.
"You look like a goddess."
I smile, loving that you said so.

You hear the familiar sounds
and see the obvious signs.
We are almost there
so you go a bit faster.

I touch your shoulders
we are very near.
Your eyes are closed
you know the road too well.

You step on the brakes
just as we see the fireworks together.
So beautiful, they take my breath away
unaware that my nails are in your flesh.

I look at you
looking at me.
I see you love me
just as much as I do you.





Let me know what you think.

No comments: